Sometimes "Elli", our A.I. software, does not accurately recognize each individual roof plane of the home, or doesn’t locate panels on a suitable secondary structure on the property. For example, she will sometimes treat two separate roof planes as a single plane, or maybe place panels only on the primary home and not an adjacent garage or barn. The good news is you can quickly and easily edit and add roof planes, so as to enable the ability to place panels on optimal structures and roof planes.
Follow these steps to edit roof planes on an existing proposal, directly from your dashboard on a desktop or iOS device, or from your dashboard within the Clean.Tech app:
- Search for the address of the home you would like to edit in the search bar on your dashboard.
2. Select the home.
3. Click the ‘edit’ button in the top left corner of the proposal.
4. In this case, the back section of the house was not captured by Elli. Click 'Edit Roofs" in the upper left corner of the menu.
5. Hover over the roof plane you want to add until you see the blue dot appear and click.
6. Drag the red dots and stretch them to cover the entire area of the roof plane in question. Note: Sometimes you may have to drag the red dots beyond the roof plane to ensure that the entire plane is covered. Repeat for any other roof planes. Make sure that every viable plane is covered, but do not worry about small roof planes where panels would not fit. Note: If the existing roof plane borders are not accurate, you may have to delete existing roof planes. Edit an existing plane by tapping on it and delete it by tapping the orange circle.
The process of tapping on a desired roof plane to add panels similarly works when you want to place panels on a structure other than the main house, like a garage, barn, or other structure with an electrical panel capable of handling the energy load.
7. and 8. Click ‘Save’ and ‘Continue'
This is going to erase any past design you had and create a new proposal. It will also reset kWh consumption, so be sure to check that detail, along with ensuring all roof planes are correctly represented, giving Elli 2 or so minutes to process your updated roof planes.
If you have any further questions on how to edit roof planes within the Clean.Tech app, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via chat support and please explore our video library for more tips and tricks on how to use our app.