On occasion, the creation and editing of a manual, human-built two-dimensional (2D) proposal is needed to deliver a solar system design for your customer. This can be the case when aerial mapping lacks the capability for Elli and the app to deliver a traditional 3D design. Here, we will cover: How to know when a manual design is needed, How to submit and edit your manually-designed proposal, and How to share this design with your customer for proposal review and contract signature.
Knowing when you need to submit for a manual design is super straightforward. When you enter the address of the desired home and tap on the pin for Elli to generate a design, if the below screen appears, this indicates the need to submit for a manual design.
Since there is a cost associated with manual human-built proposals the pop up speaks to the use of one of three complementary credits. No action is required to activate the use of this credit to design your system. Note - When a customer signs a contract we populate your account with 10 additional manual proposal credits. So if you use the three allocated manual designs before closing your first contract with Clean.Tech and need to purchase a couple of additional credits early on, you can do that on your dashboard. This said, we never want a lack of credits to stand in the way of your being successful with Clean.Tech.
Next, to submit and edit your manual design simply click “Proceed”. You will be prompted with fields to: “Take a picture of the bill”, enter the “Desired percentage of solar offset”, and a freeform “Notes” section.
4. If you have a complete copy of the utility bill indicating annual kWh usage, take a photo of all pages and upload it here. Meanwhile, if you do not have the homeowner’s utility bill, simply upload any photo (which can be a photo of a sheet of paper with the known or projected annual usage hand written).
5. Indicate the percentage of annual energy usage the homeowner would like to offset against their full annual kWh usage. This percentage is typically “100%” to represent offsetting the customer’s full energy bill.
6. And, in the “Notes” field, provide as many details as you feel necessary to design the desired system for your customer. This can include the roof plane(s) or structure(s) where you’d like to see the system designed, and anything else you feel is important to get the initial design as accurate as possible. In this field, be sure to make note of the annual kWh usage, or what you project annual usage to be, as this is a critical piece of information and is not always clear on the uploaded utility bill. Needless to say, the more detail the better.
7. Then, simply click “Submit”. Our design team will immediately receive your request. It typically takes 20 to 30 minutes for a manual proposal to be created. Proposals will populate on your Dashboard the same way your 3D proposals do.
8. Additionally, you will receive a notification in the app from “Petr” as the proposal is created, with a six-digit identification number attached.
All editing of the manual design is accomplished exactly the same as with a 3D Elli-designed solar system, except for adding, subtracting, or moving panels.
9. For panel-related edits, use Clean.Tech Chat Support to make this request, and use the 6-digit tracking number in your request to assist our team in quickly locating and editing the system. And, similar to the initial design request, allow 20 - 30 minutes for manual design edits to be reflected directly on your app dashboard.
HINT FOR ADJUSTMENT REQUESTS TO A PROPOSAL: If the homeowners told you: "my average electric bill (without natural gas) is $200 a month". After you get back your first manual design, use the app to increase or decrease the annual kWh of usage until you see $200 displayed on the main page of the App. Then give us the annual kWh of usage when you for an adjustment with the desired offset %.
Once you have the solar design to your liking, sharing the proposal with your customer for review and contract signature is done exactly the same as when you are working with an Elli-designed 3D proposal. Reference the video and Help Center article on ‘Sharing the proposal’ as needed.
That concludes this session on how to request, edit, and share a manual, human-built, 2D design. Please consult our video library and Help Center for additional information on optimizing your Clean.Tech experience, and connect with us directly or through Chat Support.